Job Title: Bookkeeper
FSLA Status: Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Position reports directly to the Executive Director
Purpose and Scope: The Bookkeeper is responsible for the financial functions of the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the organization’s financial plans and policies, cash flow monitoring, financial data entry and financial report compilation. This individual must be highly motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on attention to detail, along with a background in and broad understanding of accounting and finance. They must also enjoy customer service, working in a
team environment and be comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people. This individual will be responsible for interacting with multiple stakeholders and managing a Finance Committee as well as members of the Finance team. They must be flexible, open to change, innovative and have a communicative work style.
Plans, organizes, and directs business functions and administrative services for the United Way of Suwannee Valley.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1. Establishes and maintains accounting procedures and fiscal reporting requirements; supports budgeting process.
2. Analyzes expenditures and other financial data; prepares monthly operations reports, financial statements, schedules, and statistical data.
3. Responsible for preparation of payroll, application of various benefit programs for employees, completion of various business reports, and payment of invoices and other expense vouchers.
4. Conducts billing and mail merges.
5. Accounts payable entry, bank deposit preparation and check processing, recording of
6. Prepare and maintain all campaign printouts
7. Post pledges on computer campaign records
8. Recording of donation checks
9. Manage invoices, payments, and receipts including all grant invoicing
10. Enter financial data into system
11. Prepare all balance sheets, cash flow, aging reports, progress charts
12. Be knowledgeable about all required taxes and insurance forms and the due dates
13. Prepare all checks in a timely manner
14. Reconcile bank statements
15. Maintain Petty Cash records
16. Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
17. Provides leadership and consulting support to executive director on matters of goal setting, policy development, and strategic implementation in support of achieving organization objectives and business growth.
18. Perform additional projects and assist with special events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices; of business and public administration; and of supply and procurement laws and regulations.
Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments; strong attention to detail.
Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; ability to interact at all levels within and outside the organization.
Strong analytical, problem-solving and quantitative abilities.
Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, QuickBooks).
Ability to type a minimum of 40 words a minute.
Education and Experience:
BS/BA in Business Management, Accounting, or related preferred.
Five (5) years & 39; accounting experience.
Any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be acceptable.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign Off:
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies.
Email Resumes to: email@example.com