Position: Coordinated Entry Case Manager
Status: Non-Exempt. Full-time.
Reports to: Homeless Services Supervisor, Executive Director
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Work with individuals and/or families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Identify and assist with referrals to services for individuals and families requiring assistance from social service agencies. This position works with a variety of programs and other office duties. Exercise independent judgment in evaluating information and initiating program action and prepare records in accordance with department and program rules and practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform initial comprehensive assessment of clients and develop a plan that addresses needs for housing and services, making referrals to the appropriate federal, state and or local agencies and/or programs as necessary.
2. Build strong community relationships through outreach to community, business owners, realtors, landlords and other service providers to identify new and existing opportunities to better assist clients in accessing resources, employment, supportive services and housing opportunities. Conduct on-going research for additional sources and maintains on-going evaluation of the services.
3. Maintain knowledge of information on various governmental and social service agencies. Share new program and/or agency information with the Project Coordinator to be added to the resource directory.
4. Respond to community requests for street outreach intervention.
5. Actively participate in collaborative community meetings, staff meetings, workshops and conferences.
6. Compile records and prepare reports as needed.
7. Operate and maintain databases to track client information.
10. Handle client assistance phone calls for all programs which includes but is not limited to completion of screening, entering the information received into HMIS, referring the caller to appropriate community resources, assess caller eligibility and placement on “by name” list or appropriate programs.
11. Participate in all homeless coalition and CoC meetings as appropriate.
12. Organize and conduct by-weekly Case Conferencing to discuss active clients and brainstorm case management/diversion ideas.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in college credits with major course work in Social Work, Business, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or Psychology and a minimum of two years working with public. Experience working in social services or law enforcement a plus. Relevant commensurate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of social casework theory and practice
• Knowledge of interviewing techniques
• Knowledge of community health, welfare and other resources
• Knowledge of community outreach
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with clients, staff, personnel in other community agencies, other employees, and general public
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to maintain required records, prepare correspondence and reports
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
In the course of performing the job, this position spends time sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, driving, carrying or lifting up to 25 lbs. Operating a computer keyboard, makes and receives phone calls, use of general office equipment, copier, fax machine, etc. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida operator’s driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed with circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush job, or technological developments).
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org