Job Title: Data Entry Specialist
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Position reports directly to the Homeless Services Supervisor and Executive Director
Purpose and Scope: To provide Homeless Management Information System data entry support to the case managers and support the case management functions of the Emergency Solutions Grant, Emergency Solutions CV, CARES, EFSP, TANF, PATH and Challenge Grant.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assist with application entries.
- Enter HMIS client data in the HMIS database.
Support the Case Management Functions 95% Assist with screening clients for appropriate services.
- Assist with copying of documents needed for client files.
- Assist with filing documents to maintain client files.
- Assist with conducting home inspections required for ESG-funded rent assistance.
- Ensure the case managers are supplied with sufficient copies of the HMIS and case management/case file forms.
- File HMIS documents in the client case file.
- Coordinate with the case managers to add the follow-up reviews in the HMIS database.
- Enter client information in HMIS as needed.
- Enter financial assistance surveys in HMIS for client assessments.
2-1-1/ Information and Referral (I&R) (3%)
- Refer clients to appropriate resources using databases 2-1-1 and/or I&R databases.
General Duties Supporting United Way (2%)
- Perform additional projects and assist with special events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments; strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to develop trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Computer experience and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be acceptable.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign Off:
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies.
Email Resumes to: email@example.com