Job Title: ESG Outreach Case Manager
Position Title: ESG Outreach Case Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Homeless Services Supervisor and/or Executive Director
Purpose of Position:
To provide outreach services to individuals/households which are homeless or at risk of homelessness to screen individuals and provide linkages between clients and appropriate services; to engage those with mental health issues, conduct intakes and assessments, provide case management, including housing assistance through available resources including through the homeless continuum of care’s coordinated entry system; participate in homeless coalition meetings and coordinated entry case conferencing; and maintain appropriate client data in client case files, the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), and ESG-specific data systems, including spreadsheets and grant-prescribed data systems.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Provides street outreach and case management. (98%)
Provides Outreach (40%)
- Conducts outreach to identify and communicate with those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Documents outreach efforts, notes and observations. Identify and provide for immediate survival needs.
- Provides linkages and referrals for homeless population to community services, providing a warm handoff, and outreach services for individuals referred who have been difficult to engage.
- Seeks to build trusting relationships with individuals experiencing homelessness and to engage those with mental health issues with community mental health services.
- Covers Coordinated Entry lines when needed as an access point. Records each call in the shared Coordinated Entry call log.
- Counts, sorts and logs donations on the Match tracking sheet. Connects with possible donors to arrange delivery and capture photos to thank them on social media. Connects with local delivery drivers and clients to arrange drop offs.
- Create survival bags to give out for outreach purposes that contain hygiene and food items. Arrange for safe delivery of items to individual’s locations.
- Maintain an Outreach Log of every outreach attempt to see larger changes over time.
Provides Case Management (40%)
- Assesses the needs of the clients with underlying mental health issues/disorders.
- Determines clients’ requirements by completing intake. Helps clients in setting goals, following up on those goals and providing guidance in the implementation of goals.
- Utilizes best practices, including but not limited to motivational interviewing techniques to promote hope and change while providing compassionate, unconditional positive regard.
- Maintains a working knowledge of public benefits, community resources, and available mental health services, including the most effective way of accessing the resources/services needed.
- Functions as an advocate for needed services, ensuring protection of an individual’s rights while providing a training element to empower persons with mental health issues/disabilities to understand and protect those rights.
- Ensures appropriate medical records are obtained and filed.
- Coordinates, as necessary, services being provided; arrange or provide resources; follows up with arranged meetings, observing and evaluating treatments (if requested).
- Maintains knowledge of community services and collaborative relationships with community resource contacts and staff at mental health provider agencies to provide effective linkages and referrals.
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of program content and homeless locations, reviewing files and program related documents.
- Observes for available housing, maintaining information on available units and conducting landlord/property management outreach and relationship building.
- Acts as client advocate in securing appropriate housing, negotiating with landlords/building managers on behalf of clients.
- Facilitates rental agreements with landlords and ensures client understanding of rental agreements, housing policies and procedures.
- Completes accounts payable requisitions and ensures payment of appropriate expenses.
- Aids in obtaining necessary household items.
- Maintain appropriate client data in client case files, the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), and ESG-specific data systems, including spreadsheets and grant-prescribed data systems.
- Maintains clients’ records, keeping all files up to date and properly archived, by documenting case management meetings, notes, and observations as well as reviewing case notes and service plans, including exit planning and implementation, ensuring compliance with HIPAA and data privacy practices.
- Works with other staff to prepare and be available for monitoring.
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and conferences related to position.
Provides Data Support (18%)
- Submits monthly program outcomes, statistical, and grant-required reports as well as any other reports required.
- Provides quarterly reporting for the National Voter Registration Act in accordance with grant requirements.
- Assists with ESG reports as needed.
- Provides analytical support, including creating, maintaining, and assisting in the analysis of reports, including reporting of expenditures each month; troubleshooting and problem solving as needed.
- Works with the program team to ensure program materials are completed accurately and on time, all procedures for managing program capacity are followed, and complete information has been submitted.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Training additional staff as needed.
General Duties Supporting United Way (2%)
- Assists with special events as assigned, including but not necessarily limited to United Way’s role in supporting disaster response by staffing the Citizens Information Center and Emergency Operations Center.
Position Requirements: (i.e., education, certification/licensure, experience, personal/professional skills and talents, etc.)
- BA degree in human services related field or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of two years related work experience is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of computer equipment/programs
- Ability to use good judgment and assessment techniques
- Good interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining rapport and effective working relationship with internal and external contacts including government contacts, the general public, volunteers and staff at all levels so as to represent the United Way in all segments of society as well as to interact effectively with homeless/at risk of homeless individuals
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Florida driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign Off:
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies.
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org