Job Title: Administrative Assistant
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Position reports directly to the Executive Director
General Description: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting staff members as well as facilities management.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Direct walk-in inquiries and customer requests to proper personnel.
- Provide administrative (clerical) support.
- Schedule meetings for the Executive Director as well as calendar them.
- Research third party fundraisers.
- Handle all checks for landlords and utilities by preparing for mailing as well as entering into case files and HMIS.
- Support and assist in the grant preparation process including drafting documents for grant applications, and collecting information needed.
- Assist with the Point-in-Time (PIT) survey effort, assisting with supplies and meeting documentation (attendance/minutes).
- Provide support for general client assistance including entering information into HMIS.
- Participate in disaster training sessions.
- Support office disaster planning and disaster recovery efforts, including office preparedness and business continuity planning and Citizen Information Center volunteer management.
- Prepare board agendas, lists, and minutes.
- Manage the facilities including service providers and ensuring general overall maintenance.
- Maintain proper supplies for facility.
- Coordinate general office housekeeping issues.
- Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Perform additional projects and assist with special events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments; strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, QuickBooks) and ability to share computer knowledge.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical, financial, and legal documents.
Education and Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience in an office environment utilizing Excel and QuickBooks
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be acceptable.
Americans with Disability Specifications
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign Off: The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies.
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org