The Point-in-Time Count (PIT) is the yearly effort by the nation’s homeless coalitions to attempt to count all the homeless in the last week of January to provide statistics and analysis of the homelessness epidemic.
The PIT Count Committee will work together to plan and execute the count within our catchment area for FL-518. This includes:
- Picking the date of the count
- Recruiting volunteers and agencies to help with canvasing
- Collection of donations and creation of survival bags for the homeless
- Assisiting with the development of the survey to be used
- Identifying areas with large numbers of homeless to canvas during the count
If you would like to join the committee, please complete the fields below.