United Way of Suwannee Valley recognizes the importance of protecting information we may collect from visitors to our Site. Our policy is to use the information we acquire from visitors to our Site for internal purposes only, and we maintain appropriate security measures to keep this information private.
Users can visit the Site without providing us with any personal information. If a user chooses to give us personal information via the Internet, for purposes of correspondence, processing a donation, or providing a subscription to a publication, then it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.
If users provide an email address or other personal information when visiting our Site, we may enter such information into one of our databases for purposes of further contact to ask for input, provide information about our programs and events, and request donations. A user may unsubscribe from any or all our communications at any time.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
United Way of Suwannee Valley collects personal information you provide voluntarily. Personal information is information that is reasonably identifiable to you or a particular device. If you sign up to volunteer, request to receive a newsletter, or otherwise interact with us via the Site, we may request personal information such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. If you choose to contact us via email or other means, the information you provide may constitute personal information.
You may have the opportunity to conduct financial transaction using the Site for donations or registration fees. Please note we do not collect sensitive credit card information to process donations made in connection with the Site. We outsource processing of personal information, including credit card information, you provide in connection with donations made through the Site to third-party vendors which we understand to be compliant with appropriate standards, including Payment Card Industry standards for security.
Cookies were originally designed to help a web site distinguish a user’s browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. It is possible to set your browser to inform you when a cookie is being placed – that way, you have the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie. If you are just browsing our Site, you do not have to accept a cookie and you can still continue browsing the Site.
DISCLOSURE OR TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are circumstances where we may transfer and/or disclose your personal information to third parties. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Site Consultants and Service Providers United Way of Suwannee Valley may transfer personal information to third-party service providers, including those that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of United Way of Suwannee Valley or otherwise acting on its behalf as a data center (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, United Way of Suwannee Valley may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service United Way of Suwannee Valley and the site.
- Donor Recognition United Way of Suwannee Valley may share donor information for recognition and awards purposes, if requested to do so by the donor.
- Legal Compulsion and United Way of Suwannee Valley’s Protection United Way of Suwannee Valley reserves the right to release personal information in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we reasonably believe that the law requires us to do so, or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of United Way of Suwannee Valley, our users, customers or others.
The Site may link to third-party sites. When using third-party sites (for example, sites that take credit cards or otherwise process transactions), you should review the privacy policies of such third-party sites
Information transmitted on the Internet and/or stored on systems attached to the Internet is not 100% secure. As a result, we do not ensure, warrant or guarantee the security or integrity of such information. We will not be responsible for disclosure of any information due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties. Where we use outside vendors to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use vendors who establish and implement reasonable procedures.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to children younger than thirteen years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Site users have the right to request that their information be modified or deleted from our files. We will attempt to honor these requests, subject to applicable law and our judgment that the information is not important for us to maintain for our internal record-keeping purposes. Requests to modify or delete personal information should be directed to email@example.com.
The United Way of Suwannee Valley (UWSV) recognizes it holds the responsibility to protect the privacy of those who contribute to our organization. The UWSV builds trust in its mission through respecting the privacy of our donors. Donor information is treated as sensitive information and the UWSV works to create an environment conducive to donor privacy. All personal information provided to the UWSV is confidential and will not be shared with any person or organization.
Further, donors have the ability to make a donation to a UWSV funded agency, another United Way, or a non-funded agency with anonymity. All donations are anonymous by default. The donor would have to check a box that allows for their identity to be released.
The UWSV continues to strive for the highest security for information through both physical and electronic safeguards. The UWSV utilizes encryption, firewalls, and access controls. Online donations are protected through secure transactions certified by Comodo Cybersecurity. The UWSV also employs a full-time information technology professional.
The UWSV also utilizes modern physical security technology to ensure protection of its facilities.
Categories of personally identifiable information collected by UWSV may include but is not limited to:
- Contact information: name, organization name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation.
- Credit card numbers are used only for donation and payment processing and are not retained for any other purposes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFOMATION
- We do not sell, trade, or share any information about our donors to third-parties not involved with a donation.
- The UWSV neither hires nor contracts professional solicitors.
- The UWSV does not use personal information to send mailings from third-parties.
- Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of UWSV.
- UWSV may send updates and mailings about the UWSV.